Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Experiment: Living Without a Cell Phone for 30 Days

I'm your average 17-year-old American girl. I hang out with friends and family, I enjoy experiencing new things, I do crazy stuff, I'm boy crazy, I listen to music, and just like every other typical teen, I'm on my phone WAY too much. Texting, talking, the internet. You name it, I'm on it. I never realized how much of an impact it was having on my life, until recently. I text an average of 15,000 times a month, which is about 500 texts a day. Crazy, huh? Drastic times call for drastic measures. So I have agreed to give my phone up for 30 days. During these 30 days I plan to simply observe. Observe things as simple as my everyday surroundings, and things as broad as soceity and the world I am living in today. A lot can be missed by burying your face in an LCD screen, and I'm about to find out what all I have missed, and what I will no longer miss. I encourage everyone who is reading this to follow me, and see what this experiment may turn into. It may turn out that I inspire you, just as much as I plan on inspiring myself.

2 Comments:

At March 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Good for you Taylor!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

I'm so proud of you Taylor!!! You can do it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home